Initially I planned to visit five countries during my vacation i.e. Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India. That will be very interesting to see different people who speak different languages with different culture and heritage.
The route might be from Ankara (Turkey) to Tabriz (Iran) by train, then landtrip to Tehran-Isfahan-Shiraz-Yazd-Mashhad, then continue to Herat (Afghanistan) before fly to Mazar e Sharif. From there can take landtrip via Salang Pass to Kabul, then Faisalabad, before enter Pakistan via the famous Khyber Pass, then Peshawar. Next cities would be Islamabad and Lahore, later can take DTC Bus (http://dtc.nic.in/lahorebus.htm) via Amritsar and Chandigarh to Delhi, visit Jaipur then keep going west to Agra-Varanasi-Calcutta.
– Most spoken language in Turkiye = Turkish (official), Kurdish, Circassian, Zazaki, Arabic, Azeri, Armenian, Syriac, Bulgarian, Albanian, Laz, Georgian, Greek, Bosnian, and other minority languages including Persian
– Most spoken language in Iran = Persian, Luri, Gilaki, Mazandarani.
– Most spoken language in Afghanistan = Dari (Persian) and Pashto.
– Most spoken language in Pakistan = Punjabi, Pashto, Sindhi, Saraiki with Urdu as lingua franca.
– Most spoken language in India = Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu.
(Most spoken language in Indonesia is Javanese, Sundanese, Madurese, Minangkabau, Melayu, Bugis with Bahasa Indonesia as lingua franca.)
– Turkiye = Turkish 85-90 %, Kurdish 5-8 %, others 2-3 %
– Iran = Persian 51%, Azerbaijani 24%, Gilaki and Mazandarani 8%, Kurd 7%, Arab 3%, Lur 2%, Baloch 2%, Turkmen 2%, others 1%.
– Afghanistan = Pashtun 42%, Tajik 27%, Hazara 9%, Uzbek 9%, Aimaks 4%, Turkmen 3%, Baloch 2%, others 4%
– Pakistan = Punjabi 42.15%, Pashtun 17.42%, Sindhi 14.1%, Seraiki 10.53%, Muhajir (immigrants from India and their descendants) 7.57%, Baloch 3.57%, others 4.66%
– India = Indo-Aryan (Konkani, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Hindi, Oriya, Bengali) 72%, Dravidian (Tamizh, Telugu, Kannadiga, Malayli) 25%, Mongoloid and others 3%.
(Indonesia = Javanese 45%, Sundanese 14%, Madurese 7.5%, coastal Malays 7.5%, other 26%.)
Sadly I will only have time for three countries, seems like it’s going to be 5 days in India (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur), 7 days in Iran (Shiraz, Isfahan, Tehran, Mashhad), 5 days in Afghanistan (Herat, Mazar e Sharif, Kabul).